David A. Noyce, Ph.D., P.E.
Dr. Arthur F. Hawnn Professor and Chair, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Director, Traffic Operations and Safety Laboratory
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
UW-Madison Staff Profile:
2205 Engineering Hall
1415 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706-1691
Ph.D. - Texas A&M University, 1999
M.S. - University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1995
B.S. - University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1984
Selected Awards, Honors and Societies
- Chair, Transportation Research Board Committee AHB50 - Traffic Control Devices, 2007 - present.
- Signals Technical Committee, National Committee on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, 2000 - present.
- Institute of Transportation Engineers, Member.
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Member.
- American Society of Engineering Education, Member.
- D. Grant Mickle Award, Transportation Research Board, Best Paper in Operations, Safety, and Maintenance, 2002.
- ExCEEd Teaching Fellowship, ASCE, 2002.
- Engineering Education Scholars Program, National Science Foundation, 1998.
- Eno Foundation, Center for Transportation Leadership Fellow, 1997.
- Chair, Institute of Transportation Engineers, Pedestrian and Bicycle Council.
Professional Engineer (P.E.) - Wisconsin